LOCATION: Five (5) miles northwest of Manito and 15 miles south of Pekin off Manito Road.
DESCRIPTION: Total area - 2,000 acres, including a 1,285 acres lake. This lake contains numerous springs, stumps, and types of aquatic vegetation.
AVAILABLE GAME SPECIES:
||Bag Limits |
||Legal Opening to 1:00 P.M.
||Legal Opening to 1:00 P.M.
- During duck season all hunters using this area must report to check station to fill out information cards and to show hunting licenses or Firearm Owner's Identification Card if exempt from having a hunting license before proceeding to blinds or staked blind sites. Registered blind builders or partners desiring to claim their blinds or staked blind sites must report to check station at least one hour before opening shooting hour each day. Blinds or staked blind sites not claimed by builder or partners by this hour will be assigned by draw until 11:00 A.M. each day. Upon vacating blind or staked blind site, hunters must report to check station within one hour. All hunters must be check out within one hour of the close of the legal hunting hour.
- After duck season registered blind builders or partners hunting geese must occupy their blinds or staked blind sites by hour before legal opening time each day in order to claim their blind or staked blind site. Blinds or staked blind sites not legally claimed by builders or partners by hour before legal shooting time may be claimed on a first come basis. All goose hunters must sign-in and record their harvest daily.
- It shall be unlawful to claim or attempt to claim any blind or staked blind site which is legally occupied and or harassing in any manner the occupants of a blind or blind site which has been legally claimed.
- All hunting will be from registered platform or boat hide blinds. Hunting from portable boat blinds is permitted within 10 feet from any numbered blind site if blind has not been constructed or blind has been dismantled. Hunters must occupy blinds or staked blind sites within one hour after registering at check station. No more than four hunters per blind. Registered blind builders or partners claiming their blinds must occupy that blind for at least one hour.
- All hunting will end at 1:00 P.M. daily.
- All parties must hunt over a minimum of twelve (12) decoys which must be of at least standard size and which must be removed upon termination of the days
- At no time are hunters permitted to enter the Waterfowl Refuge or Waterfowl Rest Area unless given specific permission by the Department representative in charge of the area.
- No goose or teal hunting prior to duck season.
- Hunters under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult of legal age.
- Severe weather and safety conditions can result in closing of all or part of the Spring Lake State Fish & Wildlife Area.
- It shall be unlawful to possess or consume alcoholic beverages while hunting on this area.
- There is a 25 horsepower outboard motor limit on this area.
OTHER FACILITIES: Camping, Picnicking, Fishing, Hiking. For further information contact: Site Superintendent, Spring Lake State Fish & Wildlife Area, 7982 South Park Road, Manito, Il. 61546.