LOCATION: Seven miles south of Victoria on County Road 15, straight ahead onto Truro Rd, to Snakeden Road, to Road 1900E.
||See # 8, 9, 10|
||See # 8, 9|
|Turkey - Archery & Firearm
||.22 rimfire firearms allowed, See #11|
||Steel shot, 6 or smaller (or eq.)|
|Pheasant, Partridge, Quail, Rabbit
||See # 11|
|Deer - Archery
||See #11, 12|
|Deer - All Firearm
||See # 8, 9, 10, 12|
|Raccoon, Opossum, Skunk, Red/Gray Fox, Coyote, Woodchuck
||See #13, 14|
||Site permit required call the site office. See #11.|
SITE REGULATIONS - GENERAL
- Severe weather and safety conditions can result in closing all or part of the area.
- It is unlawful to possess or consume alcoholic beverages while on the site for the purpose of hunting.
- All hunters must obtain a "Site Windshield Card" online at the IDNR website, http://www.dnr.illinois.gov. This card must be visible through the vehicle windshield and the pocket portion in possession while hunting.
- Hunters under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Park in designated areas only. No motor vehicles allowed beyond the parking lots.
- No trespass before 1pm during Spring turkey season, except permit hunters.
- License & permit information can be found on-line at http://dnr.illinois.gov.
- Successful hunters must register their harvest by 3:00 p.m. the same day by calling the toll-free telephone number provided with their turkey hunting permit.
- During Spring turkey season - maximum two vehicles per parking lot. Deer-Firearm - max 5 vehicles per lot.
- Hunting is by site-specific permit only. Permit allocated by DNR-Springfield lottery. This permit is only valid for the specific site and season indicated on the permit.
- Pheasant, partridge, quail, and rabbit hunters are required to wear a solid blaze orange cap and upper garment of at least 400 square inches. During muzzleloader, late-winter, and youth deer season, all hunters and trappers must wear blaze orange cap and vest.
- One tree stand allowed per permit holder. Tree stands and climbers may not pierce the bark and must be portable. Tree stands may be left unattended from September 15 through January 31, but must be legibly marked with the owner's name, address, and telephone number.
- Coyote and striped skunk season shall coincide with the statewide fox season.
- Dog Training (inc. running season) allowed Sept. 1st through March 31st only.
For further information please contact Snakeden Hollow at 1936 State Rt. 167, Victoria, IL 61485. Phone: (309) 879-2607
TARGET ILLINOIS POACHERS: IF YOU SEE A VIOLATION REPORT IT - CALL TOLL-FREE 877/ 2DNR-LAW