Rock Cut State Park (Disabled Hunt)
Location: Winnebago County, Rock Cut State Park Check Station, 7318 Harlem Rd., Loves Park, IL 61111.
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The focus of this hunt is to allow hunters with disabilities an opportunity to participate in a Department of Natural Resources program for managing the deer and turkey herd at Rock Cut State Park.
||Special Area RegulationsL |
||Nov. 8 - 10, 2018
||Nov. 8 - 10, 2018
Day of the Hunt Registration is located at the Park Office between 4:00am and 5:00am. Pre-Selected Hunters and partners must be registered by 5:00am. A drawing to choose blind sites will be held at 5:00am each morning of the hunt. Any unfilled sites will be filled by standby hunters (hunters with disabilities will be given priority over able bodied standby hunters). Daily quota is 40.
All Regulations found in the Illinois Wildlife Code, Federal Regulations, and Administrative Orders will apply unless area regulations are more restrictive.
SPECIAL AREA REGULATIONS:
- Eligible hunters with disabilities must have a class P2A disability card, valid FOID card, proof of passing a Hunters Safety Course and a current Habitat Stamp. All hunting partners will be required to possess a current Illinois Hunting license, valid FOID card, proof of passing a Hunters Safety Course and current Habitat Stamp.
- All pre-selected hunters and partners will be required to purchase Site-Specific Permits for $25.00 valid for season. Additional permits and/or standby permits may be purchased for $5.00 and are valid that day only. Only hunters with disabilities possessing a valid P2A disability card are eligible to purchase site specific turkey permits for $15.00.
- A safe range of fire has been determined for each blind site. Hunters must restrict their shots to the approved range of fire.
- All hunting is restricted to the assigned blind sites only. State personnel must escort hunters to track and dispatch wounded deer or turkeys.
- A review of site regulations and safety information will be conducted prior to the daily drawing.
- All hunters must wear a solid blaze orange hat and an upper outer garment displaying at least 400 square inches of solid blaze orange.
- Turkeys of either sex may be harvested and must be brought in whole (not field dressed) to the check station.
- Firearm Requirements - Shotgun using slugs only, of not larger than 10 or smaller than 20 gauge, not capable of holding more than 3 consecutive slugs.
IT SHALL BE UNLAWFUL:
- To hunt in any area other than at your designated blind site.
- For non-hunters (with the exception of non-hunting partners) to be in the field while the hunt is in progress.
- For any person to consume or possess any alcoholic beverage at Rock Cut State Park.
- The driving and stalking of deer is strictly prohibited.
For further information contact Rock Cut State Park, 7318 Harlem Road, Loves Park, IL 61111 (815) 885-3311
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of
the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and
those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and
other agencies is available to all individuals
regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability,
age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you
believe you have been discriminated against, contact the
funding source’s civil rights office and/or the Equal
Employment Opportunity Officer, IDNR, One Natural
Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702; (217)785-0067; TTY