Ray Norbut - Dutch Creek Unit
INTRODUCTION: The Dutch Creek Unit of Ray Norbut Fish & Wildlife Area is a newly acquired site in western Pike County. Habitat restoration and infrastructure improvements are in the process of development. It provides excellent opportunities for forest game hunting.
LOCATION: The site is located in western Pike County five miles northwest of Atlas. It lies less than a mile to the east of state highway 96.
DESCRIPTION: Huntable acres: 410 Forested acres: 285 Non-forested acres: 125
Total acres: 410
SPECIES, SEASON, AND HOURS:
||Windshield Card required|
||See below - Windshield Card required |
||See below - Windshield Card required|
||Opens day after end of Regular Firearm deer season
||Windshield Card required|
||Opens day after end of Regular Firearm deer season - then Statewide dates apply
||Windshield Card required |
- A Windshield Card is required to hunt all species at this site. These are available
online at www.dnr.illinois.gov. Navigate to Hunting/Trapping and then Public Hunting Areas to print these permits. Hunters will be required to return to this website prior to February 15th each year to record harvest information.
- It is unlawful to construct or to use any tree stand using a device which pierces or cuts the bark of the tree. Only one portable stand may be used and must be labeled with hunter's name, address, and telephone number.
- All hunting is to be with shotgun, handgun (deer), .22 rimfire, muzzleloader, and archery.
- Firearm Deer Hunting: A quota of hunters will be filled by site-specific permit: Springfield drawing. Muzzleloader Deer: Pike County Muzzleloader Permit required. Not valid at site during second portion of Regular Firearm deer season. Late-Winter Deer Season: (CLOSED FOR 2017/2018 SEASON) A quota of hunters will be filled on a sign-in sheet at the parking area each morning. Pike County permit or Dutch Creek Unit permit required. Archery Deer Hunting: No quota; statewide permit required. Youth Deer Season: Quota filled by sign-in at site.
- Spring Turkey Season: A quota of hunters will be filled via Springfield application process.
- Spring Turkey (Youth): Quota filled by sign-in at site.
*Trapping is also allowed for furbearing mammals. A special trapping permit is issued through a site drawing.
OTHER SITE FACILITIES: None
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT: Nauvoo State Park at (217) 453-2512 or the Pittsfield office at (217) 285-2221.
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of
the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and
those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and
other agencies is available to all individuals
regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability,
age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you
believe you have been discriminated against, contact the
funding source’s civil rights office and/or the Equal
Employment Opportunity Officer, IDNR, One Natural
Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702; (217)785-0067; TTY