NAME: Rauchfuss Hill State Recreation Area
LOCATION: North of and adjacent to Golconda Marina, on east side of St. Rt. 146, 1 mile north of the 4-way stop in Golconda
Total Acres: 261 Huntable Acres: 70
Water Acres: Borders the Ohio River Timber Acres: 256
AVAILABLE GAME SPECIES:
Deer-Archery only Turkey-Archery only
Area regulations are posted at the area parking lot. Check with the local CPO or the Dixon Springs Park Office for information on seasons, bag limits, etc. This area is managed as a satellite of Dixon Springs State Park. There are good populations of deer, and wild turkey. Open only to archery hunting for deer and turkey due to close proximity to Golconda Marina and private residences.
OTHER ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE:
Fishing on the Ohio River and adjacent Lusk Creek, site is directly north of and adjacent to Golconda Marina
Hiking and nature observation
- All hunters must SIGN IN and OUT and report harvest each day at the registration boxes before leaving the site.
- Portable stands only for deer hunting. No permanent stands, screw-in steps or other devices that pierce the bark of trees. Stands must be marked with the hunter's name, address and phone number. Stands may be left unattended Sept. 1 - Jan. 31. Only one stand per hunter.
- No crow hunting is allowed on the area.
- Archery hunting only is allowed for deer and turkey according to statewide seasons, bag limits and shooting hours.
- Additional regulations will be posted at the parking lot.
For additional information, contact: Dixon Springs State Park, 24 Park Road, Golconda, IL 62938; Phone: (618) 949-3304