Maxine Loy Land and Water Reserve
LOCATION: 1.5 miles south of Farina on State Route 37, west side of the road
Total Acres: 215 Acres of Water: 4 ( 2 ponds)
Huntable Acres: 213 Acres of Timber and brush: 15 Acres of grasslands: 194
Topography is flat to gently rolling with drainages dissecting the property East to West
GENERAL SITE REGULATIONS
- Free Windshield Cards are required for species as noted. These are available online at www.dnr.illinois.gov. Navigate to "hunting/trapping" and then "public hunting areas" to print these permits. This permit must be displayed in the windshield while hunting. Hunters will be required to return to this website prior to February 15th each year to record harvest information. Failure to report harvest will result in loss of hunting privileges at the site for the following year.
- For Free Upland Game Permit areas, a Free Upland Game Permit Applications must be submitted online for a lottery drawing to be held in August. The application is available at www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/uplandgame. Upland hunters will be required to return their harvest card prior to February 15th each year.
- No permanent tree stands may be constructed nor may any hunting be done from a permanent stand. Any tree stand or ground blind must be portable and removed at the end of each day. No stands or steps that pierce the bark of a tree are allowed.
- No hunting may be done within 100 yards of residences or contruction sites.
- When hunting or scouting ALL VECHICLES MUST BE PARKED AT THE DESIGNATED PARKING AREA (no ATV access)
- It is unlawful for any person to consume, possess or be under the influence alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs while on site property for the purpose of hunting or trapping. Any person who violates site specific regulations shall be guilty of a Class B Misdemeanor.
SPECIES SPECIFIC REGULATIONS
- Statewide regulations.
- Windshield card required.
- Upland game hunting is allowed on Wednesdays only and by permit only.
- One permit per each Wednesday of the upland game hunting season will be issued from the Springfield Permit office via the "Free Upland Game Permit" process. Each permit holder is allowed to bring three (3) hunting parnters. Pemits issued for dates after the close of bobwhite quail hunting season will be for rabbit hunting only.
- Statewide regulations will apply with the exception of a limit of four(4) bobwhite quail per hunter.
- Upland hunters should be aware and carful not to shoot a prairie chicken, which are present at the site and a state protected species.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Prairie Ridge State Natural Area, 4295 N. 1000th St., Newton, IL 62448. Telephone 618/783-2685
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of
the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and
those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and
other agencies is available to all individuals
regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability,
age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you
believe you have been discriminated against, contact the
funding source’s civil rights office and/or the Equal
Employment Opportunity Officer, IDNR, One Natural
Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702; (217)785-0067; TTY