Maxine Loy Land and Water Reserve
LOCATION: 1.5 miles south of Farina on State Route 37, west side of the road
Total Acres: 215 Acres of Water: 4 ( 2 ponds)
Huntable Acres: 213 Acres of Timber and brush: 15 Acres of grasslands: 194
Topography is flat to gently rolling with drainages dissecting the property East to West
AVAILABLE GAME SPECIES:
Bobwhite Quail, Rabbit, White-tailed deer
- Upland hunting is by permit only. Hunters must enter a drawing through the DNR Permit Office and only one permit per person will be issued. Each permit authorizes the holder to bring 3 hunting partners. The permit must be in possession while hunting.
- This site will be open to upland hunting every Wednesday during the upland season; daily limit of Bobwhite Quail is 4; permits issued for dates after the close of Quail season is for rabbit hunting only.
- Harvest must be reported within two weeks after the season closes or permit holders will forfeit hunting privileges at the sites covered in this Section for the following year.
- Upland hunters should be extremely careful not to shoot a prairie chicken as they are a protected species that might be found at this site.
- Upland hunters must be mindful of the residence adjacent to route 37 on the south edge of the property and not shoot anywhere close to this private property.
- Archery deer hunting is allowed, statewide regulations apply as well as hunters must first obtain a windshield card from the IDNR website. (www.dnr.illinois.gov). Hunters will be required to return to this website prior to February 15th each year to record harvest information.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Prairie Ridge State Natural Area, 4295 N. 1000th St., Newton, IL 62448. Telephone 618/783-2685
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of
the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and
those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and
other agencies is available to all individuals
regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability,
age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you
believe you have been discriminated against, contact the
funding source’s civil rights office and/or the Equal
Employment Opportunity Officer, IDNR, One Natural
Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702; (217)785-0067; TTY