Location: Lowden Memorial State Park is located in Ogle County; one mile north of route 64 on the east side of the Rock River at 1411 North River Road, Oregon, Illinois.
Hunting Area: The hunting area is comprised of approx. 80 acres and is mostly hardwoods with a small section of pines.
|Deer - Archery
||See (1) & (2)
||See Area Regulations|
(1) Archery deer hunting is allowed in October on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays only, excluding official state holidays; beginning Novermber 1st, archery hunting is allowed 7 days a week.
(2) Archery hunting is allowed on the site during all statewide firearm deer seasons. On these days hunters are required to wear a solid blaze orange cap/hat and an upper outer garment displaying at least 400 square inches of solid blaze orange material. Camouflage blaze orange material does not meet the requirements.
Hunter Quota: The maximum number of hunters that may be signed-in at any one time is 3.
Driving Deer: It is unlawful to drive deer, or participate in a deer drive on this site.
Hunting Regulations: All regulations found in the Illinois Wildlife Code, Federal Regulations and Administrative Orders will apply unless area regulations are more restrictive.
Hunters must obtain a site windshield card online from www.dnr.illinois.gov. To do so, navigate to "hunting/trapping" and then "public hunting areas". Proceed to "Windshield Card for Public Hunting Areas" and select "PRINT Windshield Card" tab under the "Upland/Forest Game (and Dog Training) column. Complete all fields as necessary and print Windshield Card and accompanying pocket card. This card (your windshield card) must be displayed under the vehicle windshield, face up, with the windshield card number visible and the pocket card portion in your possession while hunting at the site. Hunters must report their annual harvest online (even if you did not hunt) by February 15, 2017. Hunters hsall forfeit their hunting privileges at the site for the following year if they fail to report by the prescribed deadline.
It Shall Be Unlawful:
- For any person to construct or to use any tree stand using nails, screws, wire or any device which pierces or cuts the bark of the tree. Stands must be portable and must be removed from the site at the end of the day's hunt. Only one stand per permit holder.
- For any person to consume any alcoholic beverage while on the area for the purpose of hunting.
- To hunt in any "restricted area" or any area not designated as open to hunting.
- For any person to park except at a designated parking area.
- For unauthorized vehicles to enter upon any trail or be in any "off road" area.
- To enter onto private property, for any reason, without first obtaining permission from the landowner.
- To field dress any deer, or deposit any part(s) of a deer, within 100 feet of any trail or developed area on the site.
- No more than 3 hunters will be allowed on the area at any one time. Please check the sign-up sheet located at the park office for hunter slot availability. Hunter quota is on a first come - first serve basis.
- All hunters are required to sign in, sign out, and report all deer harvested on the sign in/ sign out sheets AND checked-in/reported as outlined in the statewide rules & regulations for reporting deer harvested during the regular statewide season.
For more information about Lowden Memorial, contact: Lowden Memorial State Park, 1411 N. River Road, Oregon, IL. 61061. (815) 732-6828.