LOCATION: Ogle county.- 2.5 miles south of IL Hwy. 64 on Daysville Road to Lowden Road. Take Lowden Road 1.5 miles to Nashua Road.
DESCRIPTION: Huntable acres: approximately 2,225. The area is composed of gently rolling to steep ridges and draws covered with native hardwoods interspersed with pine plantations. Marked hiking trails are available for access.
11/16/18 - 11/18/18
|CWD Season: |
12/27/18-12/30/18, and 1/18-1/20/19
All regulations found in the Illinois Wildlife Code, Federal Regulationi, and Administrative Orders will apply unless area regulations are more restrictive. Hunters must obtain a site windshield card online from www.dnr.illinois.gov. To do so, navigate to "hunting/trapping" and then "public hunting areas". Proceed to "Windshield Card for Public Hunting Areas" and select "PRINT Windshield Card" tab under the "Upland/Forest Game (and Dog Training) column. Complete all fields as necessary and print Windshield Card and accompanying pocket card. This card (your windshield card) must be displayed under the vehicle windshield, face up, with the windshield card number visible and the pocket card portion in your possession while hunting the site. Hunters must report their annual harvest online (even if you did not hunt) by February 15, 2019. Hunters shall forfeit their hunting privileges at the site for the following year if they fail to report by the prescribed deadline.
IT SHALL BE UNLAWFUL:
- To construct or to use any tree stand using nails, screws, wire or any device which pierces or cuts the bark of the tree on which it is installed. Tree stands must be portable and may be left unattended from Sept. 15 through Jan. 31. All deer stands and flagging ribbon must be removed by 2/01/19. Stands must be labeled with the hunter's name, 7address & phone number. Only one stand per permit holder is allowed.
- To consume any alcoholic beverage, including beer & wine, while on the area for the purpose of hunting.
- To hunt in any area not designated as open to hunting.
- For any person to park except in designated parking areas; or, for unauthorized vehicles to enter upon any trail.
- To enter private property to track any wounded deer or turkey without first obtaining permission from the landowner.
- To place or use any bait, attractant, lure, etc. that may be licked or ingested, etc; or use any item that generates heat.
AREA REGULATIONS - DEER FIREARM 1st & 2nd SEASONS:
- Statewide deer hunting regulations shall apply except where area regulations are more restrictive.
- 75 hunters are selected from applications submitted to the Springfield permit office. Permit hunters are allowed to hunt during their respective seasons until their permits are filled. Hunters with Lowden-Miller Firearm Deer permits must check in (at the former Sinnissippi Tree Farm Office - approximately 3 miles south of Rt. 64 on the west side of Daysville Road) by 5:00 am or their permit is invalid for that day. Firearm deer hunting is allowed with any type of weapon that is legal for statewide deer hunting during the specific season you are hunting. Any vacancies remaining at 5:00 AM will be filled at that time by a drawing to allocate stand-by permits.
- Stand-by permits are valid for the day they are issued only, and apply only to Lowden-Miller SF. No other deer permits are allowed. Non-resident stand-by hunters are required to have a non-resident hunting license and a current habitat stamp.
- Forest lanes will be used for hunter access. Motor homes and large campers will ot be allowed in those areas. Do not block any driving lanes or forest lanes with your vehicle.
- Firearm deer hunters are required to check out from the site daily and check deer at the county check station.
AREA REGULATIONS - CWD SEASONS:
- 40 permits will be issued for LMSF by applying on-line at the web site https://dnr2.illinois.gov/windshieldcard/. The application period will be publicly announced. Unallocated permits may be available for sale over-the-counter from participating vendors. Unfilled permits from other seasons will not be valid.
- Stand-by permit will not be available.
- Hunters receiving a permit must sign in and check out at the LMSF parking lot.
- Only parking lots 1 - 6 and the equestrian lot will be open for hunter parking.
All deer harvested during the CWD seasons must be reported on the clipboards at the site when checking out AND via the windshield card system. During the Firearm seasons, deer must be reported to park staff upon check out and also taken to the county deer check station for tagging. All other statewide regulations for reporting deer harvest must also be followed.
Archery deer hunting will be closed during all firearm deer hunting programs.
For more information about Lowden-Miller State Forest, contact: Castle Rock State Park, 1365 W. Castle Rd., Oregon, Il. 61061. (815) 732-7329.