Location: The Kickapoo State Recreation Area is located 1 mile east of Oakwood in central Vermilion County.
Description: Waterfowl hunting is permitted at marked sites.
||Legal Opening to 1:00 P.M during duck season, statewide hours for goose hunting after duck season.
Other Facilities Available: Camping, Picnicking, Hiking, and Fishing. See Main Area Fact Sheet for other hunting information.
- All Hunters are required to sign-in, select blind location, obtain harvest report card and return card at the end of the days hunt, then sign-out. Blind availability will be first come first serve. Blinds may be closed due to weather or special events.
- It shall be unlawful to claim or attempt to claim any staked blind site which is legally occupied and or harassing in any manner, the occupants of a blind site which has been legally claimed.
- All hunting will be from portable blinds or boat blinds, and hunters must occupy staked blind sites within one hour after registering at check station. No more than (4) hunters per boat blind. Boat blinds or portable blinds must be within 10 feet yards of staked blind site.
- All hunting will end at 1:00 P.M. daily during regular duck season and will be statewide hours the day following the regular duck season until the close or regular canada goose season.
- Hunters wishing to move to another blind location may do so on a first come first serve basis, provided they include the blind change on the harvest card and report their harvest for each blind. If hunters do not occupy the stake they have drawn by legal shooting time, they forfeit the right to hunt at the stake location.
For further information, contact: Kickapoo State Recreation Area (217) 442-4915. For general information about hunting regulations and applications please click here.