NAME: Dixon Springs State Park
LOCATION: 1.5 miles East of the intersection of state routes 145 and 146. Hunting area is located behind the District Field Office.
DESCRIPTION: Primarily a recreation site offering swimming, camping & hiking trails. Two parcels offer remote hunting opportunity for archery whitetail hunting. Approximately 265 acres of old field mixed with mature oak and hickory surrounded by U.S.F.S. land.
Total acres: 770 Developed park: 505 Huntable acres: 265
AVAILABLE GAME SPECIES: Deer Wild Turkey Archery Season and limited Youth Firearm
1) Archery season same as statewide season.
2) Limited youth (ages 10 - 15): Deer Fall Firearm Season and Spring Turkey Season.
OTHER FACILITIES AVAILABLE:
Campground with electricity & water.
Picnic area with fire pads/shelters
- All hunters must SIGN IN and OUT and report harvest each day at the registration boxes before leaving the site.
- Hunting is first come, first serve with statewide regulations, seasons, hours and bag limits.
- Hunting is restricted to only those areas posted as open to hunting (see map).
- Portable stands only for deer hunting. No permanent stands, screw in steps or other devices that pierce the bark of trees. Stands must be visibly marked with the hunter's name, address and phone number. Stands may be left unattended from Sept. 1 - Jan. 31. Limit of one tree stand per hunter.
- Youth firearm deer and turkey permits must be obtained through the statewide lottery allocation.
- Additional regulations will be posted at the designated parking and check-in areas.
For additional information, contact: Site Superintendent, Dixon Springs State Park, 24 Park Rd, Golconda, IL 62938; Phone (618) 949-3304