Location: Bureau County, adjacent to the town of DePue, off Illinois Route 29.
Description: Three - I Basin is a man-made, perched impoundment. Blinds are built by site personnel and are allocated daily, one hour before shooting time.
See # 1, 2
Legal opening until 1:00pm
All regulations found in the Illinois Wildlife Code, Federal Regulations and Administrative Orders will apply unless area regulations are more restrictive.
Special Area Regulations:
- No teal or early Canada goose seasons. Open for goose hunting during any Canada goose season after the regular duck season closes.
- Any special or extended waterfowl seasons outside of the regular duck season will be announced.
- All hunters using this area must report to the Lake DePue check station before entering the hunting area.
- All six blinds shall be allocated by daily draw.
- No vehicles allowed. Walk in access only.
- All hunting from registered blinds only. No more than four (4) persons shall occupy a blind.
- For the purpose of hunting, no person will move from his assigned blind site to another unless reassigned by an authorized Department of Natural Resources representative.
- All parties are required to report to the check station within one (1) hour after termination of the hunt or no later than 2:00pm.
Hunting Regulations - General
- All parties must hunt over a minimum of twelve (12) decoys.
- Severe weather and safety conditions may result in closing all or part of the site.
- Hunters under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
IT SHALL BE UNLAWFUL:
- For any person to consume any alcoholic beverage or illegal drugs or to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs while on the area for the purpose of hunting.
- To perform any weed and/or brush control around any blind without prior approval from an authorized Department of Natural Resources Representative.
- To enter any waterfowl refuge unless given permission from an authorized Department of Natural Resources representative.
- While attempting to take migratory waterfowl or coots to have in possession any shotgun shells not approved as non-toxic by federal regulations.
- To possess any shotgun shell loaded with a shot size larger than steel T or BBB in other kinds of non-toxic shot while attempting to take waterfowl in Illinois.
For further information contact: Site Superintendent - Donnelley / DePue; P.O. Box 52; DePue, IL 61322 Phone: 815/447-2353