Illinois Biodiversity Field Trip Grant Helpful Hints
So, you are ready to submit your Illinois Biodiversity Field Trip Grant application to the Illinois Department of Natural Resources…great! Before final submission, take a moment to look over the points mentioned here. Remember, incomplete or incorrect applications will not be accepted!
- The field trip site must be in Illinois.
- Grants are only available to teachers in Illinois schools and home-schooling teachers in Illinois. Applicable grades are prekindergarten through 12.
- The application deadline is January 31 annually.
- Applications from multiple teachers must be for participation on the same day, at the same location, for the same purpose and with his/her own students. Please note that for collaborative field trips, the maximum amount that may be spent on transportation is $1,000.00.
- Reimbursement will only be made for those expenses approved by the judging committee.
Please double check the following items before submitting your application.
- You must submit the original application, plus three copies of the entire application, including attachments.
- Teachers in Illinois schools registered with the Illinois State Board of Education must submit a completed and signed W-9 form for the school. Do not use your school's tax exemption number on this form. Do not submit a tax exemption form instead of a W-9 form. Using the tax exemption number will cause your application to be disqualified. You must use the school's federal employer identification number (FEIN) that is assigned by the Internal Revenue Service. Do not complete this form for an individual. It must represent the school unless you are applying as a home-schooling educator.
- Home-schooling educators must submit a completed and signed W-9 as an individual or for his/her co-op.
- Ensure that the signature page is signed. Two signatures are required.
- Do not provide attachments not requested in the application form.
- Incomplete applications are disqualified. The most common reason for disqualification is failing to submit the correct number of copies.
Applications are reviewed by a committee and awards are made no sooner than six weeks after the application deadline. No reimbursement will be made for field trips occurring prior to awarding of the grants. The field trip must occur in the same calendar year that funds are received. For complete information about any of these items, visit the grants Web site, call 217-524-4126 or email email@example.com.