IRAP has leased private property in CHRISTIAN, CLAY and SCOTT counties for QUAIL AND PHEASANT hunting. These sites can accommodate up to 4 hunters and their dogs. Sites are reserved for a 2-day hunt on Saturday and Sunday in December. 2018 Dates are December 8-9, 15-16, 22-23, and 29-30.
There is limited availability for hunting sites. Lotteries for each site is held approximately 25 days before the hunt date.
- Participants must first apply for a site and then be awarded a site permit.
- For Foot Traffic Only.
- Groups up to four can apply.
- No ATVs.
- Dogs are allowed and must be kept in close range of the hunter.
- Illinois Hunting Rules and Regulations must be followed.
Please follow this link for more information on Upland Game Hunting and Regulations.
Click HERE to view our Small Game Map for Upland Game Hunting.
How It Works
- A participant must first complete an APPLICATION and send to IRAP.
- Upland Game hunting lottery will be held approximately 25 days prior to each hunting weekend.
- Site are awarded for 2-day weekend in December
- Successful applicants will be sent a site permit packet with instructions, driving directions, and two site permits, one for your vehicle and a smaller one to carry on your person.
- If a child is accompanying an adult, they too must register.
- All IRAP hunters must report their harvest to IRAP within 48 hours of their hunt to 217-782-0137
IRAP access is provided through cooperation of private landowners
and the IL Dept. of Natural Resources.
Participating is this program is a special privilege.
Please be respectful, ethical and safe.
Leave site as you found it. Take ALL garbage with you.
Park vehicle in designated parking area.