IRAP is leasing property from private landowners for Squirrel and Rabbit hunting for the general public. Small game hunting is a great way to introduce a youngster to the woods and learn to hunt. It teaches you everything you need to know for hunting larger species, just on a smaller scale. You can make many great memories and continue the heritage of squirrel, rabbit hunting and upland bird hunting…and don’t forget to bring your camera so you can relive those memories later.
Available sites are listed on the IRAP Small game Site Map.
Small game hunting on IRAP leased sites is available for public access:
- Squirrel hunting from August 1 – September 30
- Rabbit hunting from December 10 – December 31
For Foot Traffic Only. Illinois Hunting Rules and Regulations must be followed
How It Works
- A participant must first REGISTER online and receive an IRAP participant ID Number.
- During the registration process, the participant must agree to and sign the Liability Waiver
- Once the IRAP participant is registered, he or she may go to IRAP’s reservation system and make up to three reservations at a time for small game sites.
- When a reservation is complete, you will be instructed to print your IRAP Reservation Permit for your vehicle and a smaller one to carry on your person.
- If a child is accompanying an adult, they too must register.
IRAP access is provided through cooperation of private landowners and the IL Dept. of Natural Resources.
Participating is this program is a special privilege.
Please be respectful, ethical and safe.
Leave site as you found it. Take ALL garbage with you.
Park vehicle in designated parking area.