- Please note the VRA section of Matthiessen will be closed to visitors on the following Wednesdays: February 5th, February 12th, and February 19th.
- Matthiessen State Park VRA section will be closed for deer hunting on January 17th-19th, 2020 - Signs will be posted.
- Matthiessen Dells/Upper Dells trail - the trail to Strawberry Rock and the south bridge has been reopened to hikers, but remains closed for cross county skiing.
- Horseback Riders note the Switchback trail between the Dells and VRA areas is indefinitely closed due to wash out and hazardous trail conditions.
- The equestrian trails and campground are closed for the season. They reopen on May 1, 2020 weather permitting.
Matthiessen State Park delights visitor with canyons, streams, prairies and forests. Located in central LaSalle County, approximately 4 miles south of Utica and 3 miles east of Oglesby, Matthiessen is a paradise for those interested in geology, as well as recreation. Visitors can expect to see beautiful rock formations in addition to unusual and abundant vegetation and wildlife. All of this, along with park and picnic facilities, make Matthiessen State Park a popular choice for an outing.
Matthiessen Trail Map 2.pdf