Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Utility Links

​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Breadcrumb

Historic Rose Hotel


The original portion of the building known today as the Historic Rose Hotel is believed to have been constructed by James McFarland (1776-1837) and operated as a tavern & later as a boarding house to serve the Ohio River travelers. The Rose Hotel was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1972. The Rose Hotel is owned by the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency and underwent a major renovation at a cost of $1.6m.

Please visit the Historic Rose Hotel Website for additional information