Activities & Programs
Guided one-hour tours of Volo Bog are held most Saturdays and Sundays at 11 am & 1 pm for individuals, families, and small groups. Groups of 10 or more can make arrangements for a private group tour by phoning 815-344-1294.
Volo Bog State Natural Area offers year-round programs for individuals and small groups. A weekly update
of public programs is emailed by request - contact us at email@example.com
and tell us your name and phone number too.
Our programs include:
- Bird Walks once or twice monthly
- Of Bogs & Books - a monthly book discussion
- Astronomy Nights hosted by Lake County Astronomical Society
- An assortment of Nature Hikes such as Animal Tracking, Signs of Spring, Seasonal Botany Classes, Insect Safaris and Fall Color Walks
- Seasonal Events can be found on our Events tab
Seventeen different youth programs are offered for groups of 10 or more - see them here:VoloBogYouthPrograms.pdf
. School classes, youth groups, home school families or simply a group of friends can arrange for a program. Many of the youth programs can be adapted to adult groups as well. All registration is by phone at 815-344-1294.
Volunteer Opportunities include bog naturalists, docents, habitat restoration, bluebird monitoring, native gardening, veterans conservation corps and more. Please see our Application Volo Bog SNA Volunteer.pdf for details.
Volo Bog State Natural Area's programs and activities are supported by our Friends of Volo Bog, a 501(c)(3) membership organization. We'd love to have you join them to support our State Natural Area.