Youth License and Permits
Youth Hunting License
- Purpose is to extend limited hunting privileges, in lieu of obtaining a valid hunting license.
- Applies to resident or non-resident youth age 18 years old or under
- The youth must be under the direct supervision of a validly hunter- licensed adult; parent, grandparent, or guardian who is 21 years of age or older. For the youth to hunt or carrying a hunting implement (firearm, bow, crossbow).
- The youth must comply with the requirements of any rules and regulations.
- License are renewable and shall expire on the March 31 following the date of issuance.
- a youth hunting license shall not require a certificate of competency or other hunting education.
- At the age 19 or when the youth chooses to hunt by themselves, they are required to successfully complete a Hunter Safety course approved by the Department prior to being able to obtain their own full hunting license.
Sites Open to Youth Deer Hunters
|Resident Youth Hunting -18 & under no hunter safety required expires 3/31.||$7.50||Online||Vendor List||106
|Resident & Non-Resident Youth Over the Counter Firearm Permit (Either Sex)||$10.50||Online||Vendor List||192
|Resident Youth Trapping||$7.50||Online||Vendor List||299
|Turkey Spring Youth Shotgun/Archery SHA LotteryPermit||$10.00||Online|| ||590
|Turkey Spring Youth Shotgun/Archery Over the Counter (OTC) Permit||$10.50||Online||Vendor List||592
|Youth Waterfowl Hunting Permit|| || || ||H004