If your permit is not listed above please download and print the Commercial License Application.
Commercial License Information
- Fur Bearing Animal Breeder is required to possess, breed and/or sell the following species: Opossum, Raccoon, Mink, Red & Gray Fox, Beaver, Muskrat, Badger, River Otter and Weasels
- Wild Game & Bird Breeder, Class A is required to possess various game mammals, game birds and migratory waterfowl. Class A is noncommercial and does not allow licensees to sell.
- Wild Game & Bird Breeder, Class B covers the same as class A plus allows license holders to sell alive or dressed for food purposes.
- Resident Mussel Dealer is issued to an Illinois resident who receives, buys or offers to buy or who acts as an agent or broker in the receipt or purchase of mussels.
- Non Resident Mussel Dealer is issued to a Non Resident who purchases mussels in Illinois.
- Resident Retail Fish Dealer is issued to anyone conducting a retail fish market or selling from a truck aquatic life that are protected species and indigenous to Illinois.
- Resident Wholesale Fish Dealer is issued to anyone conducting a wholesale fish market or selling aquatic life wholesale that are protected species and indigenous to Illinois.
- Resident Retail Minnow Dealer allows the retail sale of minnows and frogs for bait.
- Resident Wholesale Minnow Dealer allows the wholesale sale of minnows and frogs.
- Non Resident Fish Dealer allows a Non Resident of IL to sell or ship to other wholesalers, retailers or consumers in IL any protected aquatic life.
- Fur Tanner or Dyer allows individuals who engage in the dressing, dyeing or tanning of green hides for other individuals
- Taxidermy allows individuals to engage in the business of taxidermy for other individuals.
- Processed Wild Game Dealer allows processors to buy, sell and/or process wild game for public consumption.
- Ginseng Grower allows any person to engage in the propagation and harvesting of cultivated ginseng.
- Resident Ginseng Dealer allows any person to buy wild or cultivated ginseng from harvesters, growers or other dealers for resale to exporters or to other dealers.
- Aquaculture Permit allows breeding, hatching, propagating or raising of aquatic life, whether indigenous or nonindigenous. Aquatic life bred, hatched, propagated or raised by a permittee may be transported and sold for food or stocking purposes.Non Resident Ginseng Dealer allows Non Residents to buy ginseng in Illinois.
QUESTIONS? You can contact our office at 217-782-2965 or 888-888-5802.