A legally permitted archery hunter may use a crossbow from the second Monday following Thanksgiving through the end of the archery hunting seasons also certain disabled persons with a special crossbow permit - Hunting and Trapping Digest
) or persons 62 years of age or older with photo ID (no special crossbow permit required) can hunt with crossbows. These individuals may hunt game species with crossbows during seasons allowing the use of archery equipment.
- have a minimum peak draw weight of 125 pounds and a maximum peak draw weight of 200 pounds.
- have a minimum overall length (from butt of stock to front of limb) of 24 inches.
- have a working safety.
- be used with fletched bolts or arrows of not less than 14 inches in length (not including point).
- use broadheads that may have fixed or expandable cutting surfaces, but they must have a minimum 7/8 inch diameter when fully opened. Broadheads with fixed cutting surfaces must be metal or flint-chert-or obsidian-knapped; broadheads with expandable cutting surfaces must be metal.
- NOT use electronic tracking systems utilizing radio telemetry.