Hunters are encouraged to donate their entire deer harvest to food banks and charities. Participating meat processors will grind the venison into two-pound packages of burger. Please watch a short (30 second) video for a summary of the program.
- Hunters MUST properly field dress the deer before delivering to the meat processor. Any questionable deer will not be accepted by the processor.
- Road kill deer may not be donated based on the inability to determine time of death of the animal.
- With the start of deer season, the program will offer $50 to assist with the processing cost of whole deer donations only.
- Your tax-deductible donation to assist with the cost of the processing can be made by noting on your check, "Illinois Sportsmen Against Hunger" in the memo section, payable to the Illinois Conservation Foundation. Our address is: One Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702-1271
- 2014-15 Sportsmen Against Hunger Eligible Counties (map)
We welcome your involvement in the Illinois Sportsmen Against Hunger program. Consider volunteering to help the program feed the needy in Illinois. See the list of participating Meat Processors.
Target Hunger Now in the News (WMAQ-TV Chicago) - September 22, 2011.
Target Hunger Now Website
For more information call 217-785-5091, write - Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Illinois Sportsmen Against Hunger, One Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702-1271, or email
Lapel Pin Collection
You can order your 2015 Big Buck, Turkey, and Morel pins
2 Mailing a check for $5.00 (each) to ILCF- PINS
One Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702-1271
Please mark your envelopes - ATTN: PIN DEPARMENT