Youth Deer Hunting Season Information
Sites Open to Youth Deer Hunters
IDNR & Public Land Sites Open to Youth Deer Hunters
- Only young hunters (resident or non-resident) who have not reached their 16th birthday before Oct. 11, 2014 may participate in the Youth Deer Hunt (Oct. 11-13, 2014).
- Participants must have a current, valid Youth Deer Hunt Permit ($10.50).
- Participants must have an Illinois hunting license unless exempt.
- Each youth must be accompanied by a supervising, non-hunting adult.
- Beginning August 5th, Resident and non-resident Youth Firearm COUNTY Deer permits will be available over-the-counter (OTC) from DNR Direct license and permit vendors, by phone at 1-888-673-7648 (1-888-6PERMIT), or online at www.dnr.illinois.gov through Aug. 31 (OTC only after Aug. 31).
- Hunters may purchase only a single permit (either-sex) for one of the open counties.
- All counties except Cook, DuPage and Lake counties, and that portion of Kane County east of State Route 47, are open to youth deer hunting.
- Legal firearms are limited to shotguns and muzzleloading rifles allowed during the firearm deer hunting season.