How to Correct Your Online Application Errors:
The two most common mistakes are:
- If you applied for a muzzleloader permit, but really wanted a firearm permit we CANNOT change the application type. You must apply again for the correct application type, and then send a fax or email telling us to refund the incorrect application. REFUNDS WILL NOT BE ISSUED ONCE PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED.
- If you applied for an ES permit, but really wanted the ES and AO we CANNOT change the permit type. You must apply again correctly and then send a fax or email telling us to either refund the application or move it to the random daily drawings. REFUNDS WILL NOT BE ISSUED ONCE PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED.
For other types of errors:
- E-mail us at DNR.Permits1@illinois.gov - you will need to include your IDNR Customer Number, name, birthdate, transaction number and a detailed explanation of what needs to be changed (example: please change my 1st County Choice from Hancock to Pike)
- Fax us at 217-782-5016 - on the transaction receipt you printed out simply cross out the incorrect information and write the correct info next to it. Sign the receipt and fax it to us - Attn: Permit Dept. No cover sheet is needed.
- If you mistakenly applied twice and/or need to cancel an application please notify us via email or fax (217-782-5016) as soon as possible.