Location: LaSalle County, 4 miles south of Interstate 80, or 1 mile south of Utica, on Ill. Routes 71 and 178
Description: These sites occupy 4,503 acres. Approximately 4,000 acres are huntable. The sites consist of approximately 3,372 acres of woodlands, 210 acres of grasslands, and 671 acres of agricultural ground which contains both row crop and hay fields. The terrain can be very rugged in the wooded areas. There is no interior vehicle access for the public.
||Special Area Regulations (See Below)
|First Firearm Deer Season
||Statewide, See #3
|Second Firearm Deer Season
||Statewide, See #3
All regulations found in the Illinois Wildlife Code, Federal Regulations, and Administrative Orders will apply unless area regulations are more restrictive.
Special Area Regulations:
- Hunting in designated areas only: STARVED ROCK STATE PARK CAMPGROUND.
- Portable blinds are erected at each site in the campground by park staff. There are 10 blinds and one lift blind, if available.
- Bonus Buck Program. First state issued permit will be for anterless deer only. After checking deer at the manned check-station at Starved Rock Campground permit booth, a $5.00 permit may be issued for either sex. Check station closes at 6:00 pm.
- Unless exempt, all disabled hunters will be required to furnish the following on the morning of the hunt: P2A Disability Card, valid FOID card, current hunting license, and current habitat stamp.
- DOO hunter and partner, if you choose to hunt with one, are required to check in at the Campground Permit Booth by 5:30 am. The permit for your partner will be sold at that time.
- A drawing to fill any open blinds with DOO stand-by hunters will be held at the Starved Rock Campground Permit Booth at 5:30 am.
- Deer must be field dressed at least 100' from any road or developed area. Any debris or body parts generated by field dressing must remain at least 100' from any road, trail, or developed area.
- Hunters who wish to change hunting areas must report to the check station at Matthiessen State Park Dells maintenance building prior to moving.
- Further restrictions may exist. See posted regulations before hunting.
It Shall Be Unlawful:
A. To construct or use any stand, climbing device or accessory using nails, screws, or any device which pierces, cuts, or otherwise damages the bark of the tree on which it is installed.
B. To park or hunt in any area to which you have not been assigned.
C. For unauthorized vehicles to enter upon any trail.
D. To hunt with other than a shotgun or handgun during the firearm deer season, a muzzleloader during the muzzleloader deer season, or a bow & arrow during archery deer season.
E. For any person to consume any alcoholic beverage or illegal drugs or to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs while on the area for the purpose of hunting.
F. To possess weapons in the field except during hunting hours and while engaged in hunting.
G. To remove deer antlers from any State Park, Nature Preserve or Land & Water Preserve.
Other Activities / Facilities Available: Dining, lodge facilities.
For further information, contact: Site Superintendent, Starved Rock State Park P.O. Box 509 Utica, IL 61373
Phone: 815/667-4726. Revised June 2014
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and other agencies is available to all individuals regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability, age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you believe you have been discriminated against, contact the funding source’s civil rights office and/or the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer, IDNR, One Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702; (217)785-0067; TTY (217)782-9175.