LOCATION: Five (5) miles northwest of Manito and 15 miles south of Pekin off Manito Blacktop.
DESCRIPTION: Total Area - 2,000 acres, including a 1,285 acre lake.
Hunting Area - 260 acres.
This area contains a long sand bluff overlooking Spring Lake. Timbered areas have mature stands of hardwoods and pine with fallow areas interspersed.
AVAILABLE GAME SPECIES:
||Day after Labor Day through Sept. 30, Season re-opens the day after the archery deer seaon closes and remains open until the end of the Statewide Season.
||Hunters must obtain a free site permit available online
Hunters must obtain a free site permit available online
|Turkey - Fall Archery
||Hunters must obtain a free site permit available online.
|Furbearers (Trapping Only)
||Site Permit, trapper quota.
Note: Free Site Permit (windshield card) available online at www.dnr.illinois.gov
- Squirrel hunters must obtain a free site permit (windshield card) available online and report harves online prior to March 15th. Failure to report harvest will result in loss of hunting privileges at this site for the following year.
- All squirrel hunting must be with shotguns or air rifles. No other rifles allowed!. All deer hunting must be with BOW and ARROW.
- Archery deer and turkey hunters must obtain a free site permit (windshield card) available online at www.dnr.illinois.gov. Hunters must report their harvest and hunter trips online prior to February 15th each year. Failure to report harvest will result in loss of hunting privileges at this site for the following year.
- Tree stands may be left unattended from September 15 through January 31.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to construct or use any tree stand using nails, screws, wire, or any other device which pierces or cuts the bark of the tree.
- It shall be unlawful to possess or consume alcoholic beverages including wine and beer while hunting on this area.
- It is unlawful to ride horses on this site or allow horses to enter this site.
- Furbearer trapping will be allowed by site permit allocated at drawing in October at Spring Lake SFWA.
OTHER FACILITIES: Camping, Picnicking, Hiking, Fishing, Boat Rentals.
For further information contact: Site Superintendent, Spring Lake State Fish & Wildlife Area, 7982 South Park Road, Manito, Il. 61547
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and other agencies is available to all individuals regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability, age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you believe you have been discriminated against, contact the funding source’s civil rights office and/or the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer, IDNR, One Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702; (217)785-0067; TTY (217)782-9175.