Location: The Salt Creek Waterfowl Management Area (Dewitt County) - 2 mi. southwest of Farmer City on IL Route 54 Open every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Parking is directly off State Route 54.
Description of the Area (acres): Total Management Area - 60; Huntable - 40; Open Water - 40; Trees: 20
The SCWMA is managed as a moist soil unit to provide food and habitat to waterfowl and other wildlife through natural vegetation. Therefore agricultural plantings will be kept at a minimum.
- Hunting dates will be every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday of the regular statewide duck and goose season.
- Statewide season length and hunting hours will be observed.
- Blinds will be allocated by a drawing. Instructions for applying on-line at www.dnr.illinois.gov
- No person shall hunt or attempt to hunt except from/within their assigned blind.
- No more than 4 persons shall occupy a blind. (The person that drew the blind and 3 guests.)
- All hunting parties shall hunt over a minimum of 12 decoys during duck and Canada goose season.
- Hunting will be from drawn blind only.
- Drawn for the day - hunters may come and go as desired.
- A boat is provided only for retrieving downed birds in deep water. Personal floatation devices are required but not provided.
- Walk in only - no watercraft of any kind allowed.
- Deep water around the outside edges along the levees will be marked with reflective stakes. (see map) These areas are too deep to wade and will require use of a boat provided to retrieve downed waterfowl.
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and other agencies is available to all individuals regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability, age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you believe you have been discriminated against, contact the funding source’s civil rights office and/or the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer, IDNR, One Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702; (217)785-0067; TTY (217)782-9175.