LOCATION: Two (2) miles southwest of Pekin along Manito Road.
DESCRIPTION: Powerton Lake is a 1,426 acre cooling reservoir owned by Commonwealth Edison. Approximately 60% is open to waterfowl hunting. The remaining is maintained as a waterfowl rest area.
AVAILABLE GAME SPECIES:
||Legal Opening to 1:00 P.M.
- Waterfowl hunting will be allowed on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and State holidays during the Central Zone duck season.
- Blind sites are allocated by daily draw, conducted one hour before shooting time at the check station. Sites not claimed during the draw will be allocated on a first-come basis until 10:00 A.M. but additional entry into the hunting area will be prohibited until one hour after shooting time. Blind sites are marked and numbered signs and hunting is from portable boat blinds secured and anchored within 10 yards of the appropriate blind site.
- Hunters shall register as parties for the drawing. Each party drawn shall be allowed to select blind site in order drawn. Only those hunters registered as a party at the drawing will be allowed to hunt with their party.
- No more than three (3) hunters per blind.
- Hunters are to report back to the check station within one hour after termination of hunt.
- NO goose hunting prior to or after duck season. NO teal hunting prior to duck season.
- Boats must be at least 16 feet overall length and have a minimum 60" beam.
- Each hunting party is required to use at least twelve (12) decoys which must be picked up immediately after the hunt.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on this area.
- Hunters under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- In the event of severe weather and or safety conditions this area may be temporarily closed.
- Shotguns only, no other firearms allowed.
For further information contact: Site Superintendent, Spring Lake State Fish & Wildlife Area, 7982 South Park Road, Manito, Il. 61546. 1-309-968-7135.