LOCATION: LaSalle County, 5 miles south of Interstate 80, 2 miles south of the city of Marseilles.
DESCRIPTION: This site occupies 2,515 acres, approximately 2,239 acres are huntable. The site is predominately wooded and the terrain is fairly rugged. There is no interior vehicle access for the public. Hunters who use this area should be ready for strenuous walking if they hunt the interior. The Illinois National Guard has jurisdictional use of this site for the months of February through October. It is through their cooperation that we are able to hunt here during the months of April and May. We are pleased that the Guard has worked with us so we can bring you these hunts at all during these times of heightened military security. Please help us keep our good relationship with the Guard intact by following the rules. It is to your own benefit to do so.
||Special Area Regulations (See Below)
||See #3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
All regulations found in the Illinois Wildlife Code, Federal Regulations, and Administrative Rules will apply unless area regulations are more restrictive.
SPECIAL AREA REGULATIONS:
- Hunting is restricted to Monday through Thursday only during the regular statewide season. The National Guard trains more heavily on weekends and for that reason that site is closed to hunting on Friday, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- One half hour before sunrise until 8:30 am. Must be off the site no later than 9:00 AM unless otherwise posted by IDNR..
- All hunters must check in/out and report harvest at the parking lot check station. In addition, all turkeys harvested on this site must be checked in / reported via the statewide telephone reporting system as outlined on your turkey hunting permit. Be sure to report it as harvested on a special hunt area (Marseilles SFWA) and not as harvested in LaSalle County.
- All hunters must possess a site specific turkey permit for Marseilles SFWA for the specific season they are hunting on the site. Permits are issued through the Springfield permit office only.
- All statewide regulations as to weapon type, shot size, draw height, arrow type, etc. will apply on this site.
- Further restrictions may exist. See posted regulations before hunting.
IT SHALL BE UNLAWFUL:
- To hunt in any area not designated as being open to hunting. Anybody found in a Restricted Area for any reason will be ticketed.
- To park anywhere on the site except on the designated parking lots or for unauthorized vehicles to enter upon any trail.
- For any person to consume any alcoholic beverage or illegal drugs or to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs while on the area for the purpose of hunting.
- To possess weapons in the field except during hunting hours.
- To possess firearms, bows, arrows, or ammunition that are not legal for use during hunting seasons currently open on the site.
For further information contact: Site Superintendent; Illini State Park; 2660 E. 2350th Rd.; Marseilles, IL 61341. Phone: 815/795-2448
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and other agencies is available to all individuals regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability, age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you believe you have been discriminated against, contact the funding source’s civil rights office and/or the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer, IDNR, One Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702; (217)785-0067; TTY (217)782-9175.