LOCATION: Two (2) miles north of Manito at the intersection of Manito Road and Spring Lake Road.
DESCRIPTION: 78 total acres, all of which is grassland habitat.
AVAILABLE GAME SPECIES:
|Pheasant, Quail and Rabbit
1. A free site permit is issued through a lottery drawing held annually each fall. Permits are issued from the Springfield office.
2. Only one hunting party, consisting of the permit holder and no more than three companions will be allowed to hunt each day.
3. All hunting must be with shotgun or bow and arrow.
4. Hunters must wear a cap and upper outer garment of solid blaze orange of at least 400 square inches.
5. Each permit holder must complete and return a harvest survey report to the Department of Natural Resources by February 15, 2005. Failure to submit the report will result in loss of hunting privileges on pheasant habitat areas for the following year.
6. It is unlawful for any person to possess or consume alcoholic beverages while on this site for the purpose of hunting.
7. It is unlawful to ride horses on the site or allow horese to enter the site.
For further information contact: Site Superintendent, Spring Lake State Fish & Wildlife Area, 7982 South Park Road, Manito, Il. 61546. 1-309-968-7135.
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and other agencies is available to all individuals regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability, age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you believe you have been discriminated against, contact the funding source’s civil rights office and/or the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer, IDNR, One Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702; (217)785-0067; TTY (217)782-9175.