NAME: LINCOLN TRAIL STATE PARK
LOCATION: Two miles south of Marshall and 1 mile west of Illinois Route 1.
DESCRIPTION OF THE AREA:
TOTAL ACRES: 1023
OPEN ACRES: 30
HUNTABLE ACRES: 857
TIMBERED ACRES: 847
ARCHERY ZONE: 627
The area characterized by wooded ravines, prairie and grassland openings, pine and hardwood plantations, and a large lake. The 20.5 acre American Beech Woods Nature Preserve is closed to hunting.
||Day after first firearm season to December 20
||Sunset to Sunrise Only
||Site/Special Permit Required
|Deer (Archery Only)
||November 1 - End of Statewide Season
- There is no check station, but hunters are required to sign in and sign out at the headquarters. Archery deer hunters limited to 20 hunters per day.
- .22 caliber rimfire rifles and shotguns are allowed for Raccoon hunting.
- Raccoon hunter quotas and permit drawing will be announced by public announcement, with the drawing held at the site.
- Restricted areas include the American Beech Woods Nature Preserve.
- Archery deer hunters must be at least 100 yards from an inhabited dwelling. See MAP for Archery deer restricted areas.
- Hunting from permanent stand is prohibited. No nails, screw in foot pegs, or other piercing devices are allowed. Tree stands must be removed daily.
- No roadside parking. Hunters must use interior parking lots.
*** IN ALL CASES, ask site personnel about current regulations, special rules, and site conditions.
OTHER SITE FACILITIES AND PROGRAMS: Picnicking, camping, fishing, hiking, and nature preserve.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: Site at 217-826-2222. For general information about hunting regulations and applications please click here.
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and other agencies is available to all individuals regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability, age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you believe you have been discriminated against, contact the funding source’s civil rights office and/or the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer, IDNR, One Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702; (217)785-0067; TTY (217)782-9175.