NAME: LINCOLN TRAIL STATE PARK
LOCATION: Two miles south of Marshall and 1 mile west of Illinois Route 1.
DESCRIPTION OF THE AREA:
TOTAL ACRES: 1023
OPEN ACRES: 30
HUNTABLE ACRES: 857
TIMBERED ACRES: 847
ARCHERY ZONE: 627
The area characterized by wooded ravines, prairie and grassland openings, pine and hardwood plantations, and a large lake. The 20.5 acre American Beech Woods Nature Preserve is closed to hunting.
||Day after first firearm season to December 20
||Sunset to Sunrise Only
||Site/Special Permit Required
|Deer (Archery Only)
||November 1 - End of Statewide Season
||Contact Office / Site Permit Required
Statewide regulations shall apply at sites where windshield permits are issued, except that hunters must obtain a free site permit online from the Department website. This permit must be displayed under the vehicle windshield, face up, with the permit number visible and the pocket portion in possession while hunting at the site. Hunters must report their annual harvest online (even if the hunter did not hunt) by February 15, or two weeks after the season closes for those seasons ending after February 1. Hunters shall forfeit their hunting privileges at the site for the following year if they fail to report by the above deadline.
- There is no check station, but hunters are required to sign in and sign out at the headquarters. Archery deer hunters limited to 20 hunters per day.
- .22 caliber rimfire rifles and shotguns are allowed for Raccoon hunting.
- Raccoon hunter quotas and permit drawing will be announced by public announcement, with the drawing held at the site.
- Restricted areas include the American Beech Woods Nature Preserve.
- Archery deer hunters must be at least 100 yards from an inhabited dwelling. See MAP for Archery deer restricted areas.
- Hunting from permanent stand is prohibited. No nails, screw in foot pegs, or other piercing devices are allowed. Tree stands must be removed daily.
- No roadside parking. Hunters must use interior parking lots.
*** IN ALL CASES, ask site personnel about current regulations, special rules, and site conditions.
OTHER SITE FACILITIES AND PROGRAMS: Picnicking, camping, fishing, hiking, and nature preserve.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: Site at 217-826-2222. For general information about hunting regulations and applications please click here.