Location: Stephenson County, 3 miles north of Lena on Lake Road.
Total Acres: 715, including 40 acre lake
Deer Archery: 150 acres; Deer Firearm: 400 acres
Dove: 10 acres comprised of prosso millet, sunflowers and winter wheat
Available Game species:
September 1 thru 30
12 Noon - 5 PM
Daily - 15; Possession - 30 after the first hunting day.
Deer (Firearm) - Special Youth Hunt
November 20 - 22
||November 1 thru 30 (excluding Firearm Deer Season
||1/2 hour before sunrise to 10:00 AM
||Statewide - Antlerless deer only
- It shall be unlawful for any person to possess or consume alcoholic beverages, including wine or beer while hunting on this area.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to park except in designated areas.
- It shall be unlawful to be in the hunting zone appropriate for a season during that season if you are not hunting. Non-hunting adults accompanying a youth hunter during the firearm deer hunt will be allowed; however.
- It shall be unlawful to possess an uncased gun or bow outside of the hunting area.
- It shall be unlawful to light or use an open fire within the hunting area.
- It shall be unlawful to hunt at this area if the Site Superintendent or his authorized representative determine and state that conditions are unsafe and have posted the area accordingly.
- It shall be unlawful to hunt in any area not designated as open to hunting.
Hunting Regulations: ALL regulations found in the Illinois Game code, Federal Regulations and Administrative Orders will apply unless area regulations are more restrictive.
- Hunting is restricted to those areas designated as open to hunting and restricted to hunter quota.
- Hunters shall check in at the park office, secure a back patch which must be displayed at all times while on the area, check out and report kill.
- Daily number of hunters will be filled on a draw basis, registration beginning at 11:15 AM. The draw will take place at 11:20 AM.
- All dove hunting will be done with shotgun only, size 7 ï¿½ shot or smaller.
- It is unlawful to hunt on this area without first declaring game killed on a previous hunt, either on the hunterï¿½s person or in his vehicle.
- After 11:20 AM, hunters must register in person at the park office and obtain a back patch for any open sites before hunting.
Youth Firearm Deer Hunt:
- Hunting is limited to youth hunters (15 years of age or under) who are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The adult must accompany the youth hunter at all times.
- Adults accompanying youth hunters may also hunt, but only if they possess a valid Stephenson County permit or site specific stand-by permit and only while accompanying a youth.
- Adult hunters will only be allowed to take antler-less deer. Youth hunters must take an antler-less deer before taking a deer of either sex.
- Hunting will be allowed from ground blinds only. IDNR will determine blind locations and assign them to the hunters. Hunters must remain at their blinds at all times. Exceptions will only be allowed to retrieve or track deer without a weapon or to enter or exit the hunting area.
- Youth hunters may apply by selecting Lake Le-Aqua-Na State Park as their choice of hunting area on the Firearm Deer Permit Application. Applications are to be submitted to and processed by the IDNR Permit Office in Springfield. 15 permits will be issued for this hunt.
- Hunters with Lake Le-Aqua-Na State Park permits must check-in and deposit their hunting license by 5:00 AM or their permit will be invalid for that day.
- Any vacancies remaining at 5:00 AM will be filled at that time by a drawing to allocate stand-by permits.
- Stand-by permits are issued as being valid for the day of issuance only; are site specific for Lake Le-Aqua-Na; and are $5.00 each. No other deer permits are required. Non-resident stand-by hunters are required to have a non-resident hunting license and a current habitat stamp.
- Deer firearm hunting is with a handgun, muzzle loader and shotgun only. All deer harvested must be taken to the county check station.
Archery Deer Hunt
- Hunting is restricted to those areas designated as open to hunting. Only antler-less deer may be taken. Hours and dates are more restrictive than statewide regulations (see above).
- It shall be unlawful to construct or to use any tree stand that utilizes nails, screws, wire or any device which pierces or cuts the bark of the tree on which it is installed. Any tree stand must be portable and removed from the tree at the end of each day.
- Hunters are required to sign in and sign out and record harvest at the hunter registration station provided in parking lot.
For further information contact: Lake Le-Aqua-Na State Park, 8542 North Lake Road, Lena, IL, 61048. Phone (815)369-4282.
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and other agencies is available to all individuals regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability, age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you believe you have been discriminated against, contact the funding sourceï¿½s civil rights office and/or the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer, 1 Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702-1271; 217/785-0067, TTY 217/782-9175.