Location: The Kickapoo State Recreation Area is located 1 mile east of Oakwood in central Vermilion County.
Description: Waterfowl hunting is permitted on Clear Lake (38 .0 acres), Long Lake (56.6 acres) and Sportsmen's Lake (20.0 acres).
||1st. Seven week days of Nov. Goose Season.
No weekend hunting.
|Legal Opening to 1:00 P.M
Other Facilities Available: Camping, Picnicking, Hiking, and Fishing. See Main Area Fact Sheet for other hunting information.
- Waterfowl hunting sites are awarded by daily draw.
- Check Station will be unmanned. All Hunters are required to sign-in, select blind location, obtain harvest report card and return card at the end of the days hunt, then sign-out. Blind availability will be first come first serve. Sign-in card will be available at Kickapoo State Recreation Area Maintenance Shed.
- It shall be unlawful to claim or attempt to claim any staked blind site which is legally occupied and or harassing in any manner, the occupants of a blind site which has been legally claimed.
- All hunting will be from portable blinds or boat blinds, and hunters must occupy staked blind sites within one hour after registering at check station. No more than (4) hunters per boat blind. Boat blinds or portable blinds must be within 10 feet of staked blind site.
- All hunting will end at 1:00 P.M. daily.
- All parties must hunt over a minimum of (12) decoys, which must be removed upon termination of day's hunt.
- Hunters under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult of legal age.
- It shall be unlawful to possess or consume alcoholic beverages while hunting on this area.
- There is an electric trolling motor limit on this area.
- Blind material must be brought in and taken out each day. No vegetation may be cut at the site.
- Hunters wishing to move to another blind location may do so on a first come first serve basis, provided they include the blind change on the harvest card and report their harvest for each blind. If hunters do not occupy the stake they have drawn by legal shooting time, they forfeit the right to hunt at the stake location.
For further information, contact: Kickapoo State Recreation Area (217) 442-4915. For general information about hunting regulations and applications please click here.