LOCATION: 13 Miles south of Dixon on Rt. 26 - 3 miles west of Rt. 26 on Maytown Road.
DESCRIPTION: Total area - 2,565 acres, Huntable Acres - 2,515. The area is one of gently rolling topography. Much of the area consists of slough, woodlands, cultivated fields, grasslands, and wetlands.
AVAILABLE GAME SPECIES:
|Pheasant, Quail, Rabbit (non-fee hunting)
||See # 6
||See #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9
|Pheasant (controlled/fee hunting)
||See # 7
||9 am - 4 pm
||See #1, 3, 5, 8, 9
All regulations found in the Illinois Wildlife Code, Federal Regulations and Administrative Orders will apply unless area regulations are more restrictive.
Special Area Regulations:
- All hunters are required to sign in prior to hunting and to check out and report harvest immediately after the conclusion of the hunt. Sign in / check out box is located at the hunter check station.
- Permit required.
- All hunters are required to wear a cap and upper outer garment of solid and vivid blaze orange of at least 400 sq. inches.
- Hunting by permit only! Permits are allocated by the IDNR Permit Office; application period will be publicly announced. Additional information can be found in the Illinois Hunting Digest or by contacting (217/782-6384). Permit holder may bring up to 5 hunting partners. Contact site for further information.
- Non toxic shot only! Size #3 or smaller steel or tin shot; size #4 or smaller bismuth; size #5 or smaller tungsten (iron, polymer, matrix).
- 2014 Non-Fee Hunting Dates: Nov. 3, 5, 6, 10, 12, 13, 17, 19, 20, 24, 26, 27 and Dec 1, 3, 8, 10, 11, 15, 17, 18, 22.
- 2014 Controlled/Fee Pheasant Hunting Dates: Oct. 31, Nov. 1, 2, 7, 8 (Youth Hunt), 9, 14, 15, 16, 28, 29, 30 and. Dec 7, 12, 13, 14.
- Hunters must remain in assigned area for at least the first hour of hunting.
- Further restrictions may exist. See regulations posted at the site before hunting.
It Shall Be Unlawful:
- To hunt in any area not designated as being open to hunting or to hunt off IDNR property.
- To park anywhere on the site except in the designated parking lots or for unauthorized vehicles to enter upon any trail.
- To hunt with anything other than a shotgun or bow and arrow with flu-flu arrows.
- For any person to consume any alcoholic beverage or illegal drugs or to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs while on the area for the purpose of hunting.
- To possess weapons in the field except during hunting hours.
For Further Information contact: Green River State Wildlife Area, 375 Game Rd. Harmon, IL. 61042 (815) 379-2324
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and other agencies is available to all individuals regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability, age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you believe you have been discriminated against, contact the funding source’s civil rights office and/or the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer, IDNR, One Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702; (217)785-0067; TTY (217)782-9175.