Location: 13 Miles south of Dixon on Rt. 26 - 3 miles west of Rt. 26 on Maytown Road.
Description: Total area - 2,565 acres. Huntable Acres - 2,515. The area is one of gently rolling topography. Much of the area consists of slough, pines, cultivated fields, grasslands, and wetlands.
Visitors should be cautious of trees on site where mechanical treatments or naturally decaying processes have left them weak enough to fall.
||Special Area Regulations
||See #1, 2, 3, 5
||See #1, 3, 4, 5
All regulations found in the Illinois Wildlife Code, Federal Regulations, and Administrative Rules will apply unless area regulations are more restrictive.
Special Area Regulations:
- All hunters must check in and out and report all kills at the sign-in box at the check station. In addition, all turkeys harvested on this site must be checked in / reported via the statewide telephone reporting system as outlined on your turkey hunting permit. Be sure to report is as harvested on a special hunt area (Green River SFWA) and NOT as harvested in Lee County.
- All hunters must possess a site specific turkey permit for Green River SFWA for the specific season they are hunting on the site. Permits are issued through the Springfield permit office. Standby hunting is not available.
- Youth Turkey Season: Hunters are required to possess a county specific permit (Lee County). Youth hunters must be accompanied by a non-hunting parent, guardian, or responsible adult who has in his or her possession a valid Firearm Owner's Identification (FOID) card.
- Further restrictions may exist. See posted regulations before hunting.
It Shall Be Unlawful:
- To hunt in any area not designated as being open to hunting or to hunt off IDNR property.
- To park anywhere on the site except in the designated parking lots or for unauthorized vehicles to enter upon any trail.
- To hunt with anything other than a shotgun or bow and arrow.
- For any person to consume any alcoholic beverage or to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs while on the area for the purpose of hunting.
- To possess weapons in the field except during hunting hours.
Other Activities / Facilities Available: Hiking, equestrian trails, camping, pavilion w/ electricity and grill.
For further information contact: Green River SWA; 375 Game Rd.; Harmon, IL 61042 Phone: 815/379-2324
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and other agencies is available to all individuals regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability, age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you believe you have been discriminated against, contact the funding source’s civil rights office and/or the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer, IDNR, One Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702; (217)785-0067; TTY (217)782-9175.