Goode's Woods Nature Preserve
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources is responsible for providing outdoor recreational opportunities for the residents of this state. This area is managed by the Department and the Illinois Nature Preserves Commission as a high-quality dry-mesic upland forest within the Carlinville Section of the Western Forest-Prairie Natural Division. The area is unique to the state and protected by state statute as a dedicated Nature Preserve.
LOCATION: The Nature Preserve is located 12 miles northwest of Carlinville, 4 miles northeast of Palmyra, Illinois, in Macoupin County.
SETTING: The hunting area consists of 40 acres. The entire acreage consists of rolling hills of oak-hickory woodland.
GENERAL SITE REGULATIONS:
- All hunters must obtain a parking permit and harvest report sheet from the Site office prior to archery deer hunting.
- Archery deer hunters must possess and display a Site permit on the dash of the vehicle while hunting.
- The harvest report form must be returned to the Site office at the conclusion of hunting at the Nature Preserve or by January 31, or the hunter will forfeit hunting privileges at the Site the following season.
- It is unlawful to possess or consume alcoholic beverages or leave any trash while on the Nature Preserve property.
- Parking is limited and allowed only in the designated parking lot shown on the site map.
- A Special Permit is required to archery hunt deer at this Site. Applications are available on-line or at the Park office. Applications will be accepted from March 1 to March 31 and must be in the Park office by close of business March 31. A drawing will be held on the first week day in April at the Park office to determine successful applicants. Only successful applicants will be notified by mail once the drawing is complete.
- One (1) archery hunting permit is allocated per week via the Site drawing for each of the thirteen (13) one week sessions.
- It will be unlawful to construct or to use any tree stand using nails, screws, wire or any device which pierces or cuts the bark of the tree on which it is installed. All tree stands must be portable. One stand per hunter. Any stand left unattended during the week hunted must be tagged and labeled with name, address and telephone number. NO PERMANENT TREE STANDS ALLOWED.
- An antlerless deer must be harvested prior to the harvest of an antlered deer. All deer harvested must be reported to the IL Check System per Statewide regulations. There is no limit on the number of antlerless deer that may be harvested with the
- Open during the Youth, Muzzleloader, and Late Winter Firearm Deer Seasons. All hunters must wear a solid blaze orange cap and vest as required for firearm deer hunting during these seasons.
- While held to a minimum, successful applicants should be aware that natural resource management activities such as prescribed burning and non-native plant control may be conducted during the archery season.
- Permits are not transferable.
- Statewide hunting hours are in effect.
- Hunting sessions are as follows:
||October 1 – October 7, 2015
||November 23 – November 29, 2015
||October 8 - October 14, 2015
||December 7 – December 13, 2015
||October 15 - October 21, 2015
||December 15 – December 20, 2015
||October 22 – October 28, 2015
||December 21 – December 27, 2015
||October 29 – November 4, 2015
||December 28, 2015 – January 3, 2016
||November 5 – November 11, 2015
||January 4 – January 10, 2016
||November 12 – November 18, 2015
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT: Beaver Dam State Park at (217) 854-8020; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of
the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and
those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and
other agencies is available to all individuals
regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability,
age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you
believe you have been discriminated against, contact the
funding source’s civil rights office and/or the Equal
Employment Opportunity Officer, IDNR, One Natural
Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702; (217)785-0067; TTY