2014 - 2015 Season
NAME: Dog Island Wildlife Management Area
LOCATION: 18 miles South of Golconda on the Bay City Blacktop.
Total Acres: 221 Huntable Acres: 221
Water Acres: 25 Timber Acres: 195
MOST PREVALENT GAME SPECIES:
Squirrel Upland Game Deer Furbearers Waterfowl
Area regulations are posted at the area parking lot. Check with the local CPO or the Dixon Springs Park Office for information on seasons, bag limits, etc. This area is managed as a satellite of Dixon Springs State Park. There are good populations of upland game, deer, squirrel, wild turkey, waterfowl, and a multitude of furbearers on the area.
OTHER FACILITIES AVAILABLE:
Fishing in Alcorn Creek and the developed wetland.
Hiking and nature observation
- All hunters must sign in and out and report harvest at the parking area before leaving the site.
- Portable stands only for deer hunting. No permanent stands, screw-in steps or other devices that pierce the bark of trees. Stands must be marked with the hunter's name, address and phone number. Stands may be left unattended Sept. 1 - Jan. 31. Only one stand per hunter.
- No crow hunting is allowed on the area.
- Hunting for all species is allowed according to statewide seasons, bag limits and shooting hours.
- Trapping is allowed by special permit only. To receive a permit and for more information contact the Dixon Springs Site Superintendent at: (618) 949-3304.
- Additional regulations will be posted at the parking lot.
For additional information, contact: Dixon Springs State Park, Rt 2, Golconda, IL 62938; Phone: (618) 949-3304
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and other agencies is available to all individuals regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability, age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you believe you have been discriminated against, contact the funding source’s civil rights office and/or the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer, IDNR, One Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702; (217)785-0067; TTY (217)782-9175.