NAME: CLINTON LAKE STATE RECREATION AREA
LOCATION: Clinton Lake State Recreation Area (CLSRA) is located 10 miles east of Clinton and 2 miles south of DeWitt, IL.
DESCRIPTION OF THE AREA:
Clinton Lake - HUNTABLE ACRES 588
Clinton Lake's major habitat areas consist of oak/hickory woodlands, shrublands and open grasslands.
SEASONS, HOURS, LIMITS:
||The Thursday, Friday and Saturday before the first regular firearm season
- A mandatory pre-hunt orientation meeting for permit and standby hunters will be held at Clinton Lake State Park office at 7:00 pm the evening before the first day of the hunt. All hunters are required to attend this meeting.
- Deer permits will be available for purchase at the site office. All hunters must have a hunter safety class certificate, FOID card and an Illinois Habitat Stamp. NOTE: Non-resident hunters need a non-resident hunting license and Habitat Stamp.
- All blind sites will be assigned to hunters at the orientation meeting.
- Hunters will not be allowed to pursue wounded deer beyond their immediate blind site. All wounded deer will be tracked and dispatched by site staff.
- Shotgun, muzzleloader and handgun are allowed during the Handicapped special hunt. All State regulations apply. Consult the Digest of Hunting and Trapping Regulations for caliber and usage restrictions.
- Submit copy of Hunter Safety Certificate and proof of Class 2 Disability (Driver's License or Disabled Person's ID Card) with your application.
- There are no restrictions on the type or size of deer you may harvest. Limit one (1) per hunter.
For further information contact Clinton Lake State Recreation Area at (217) 935-8722.For general information about hunting regulations and applications please click here.
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and other agencies is available to all individuals regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability, age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you believe you have been discriminated against, contact the funding source’s civil rights office and/or the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer, IDNR, One Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702; (217)785-0067; TTY (217)782-9175.