NAME: Cedar/Draper Bluff Hunting Area ( Satellite of Ferne Clyffe State Park)
LOCATION: Between Goreville and Lick Creek in Johnson and Union Counties
DESCRIPTION: Huntable Acres 1275, Open Acres 50, Timber Acres 1225
MOST PREVALENT GAME SPECIES: Deer, Raccoon, Squirrel, Wild Turkey
- All hunters must check in and out and report harvest at the designated registration box located at the parking areas.
- Regulations for all huntable species shall coincide with statewide season dates, hunting hours, and limits. All hunting is on a first come, first serve basis. (There are no drawings on the Cedar/Draper Bluff Hunting Area, see attached map).
- On all DNR sites during pheasant, rabbit, quail, and partridge season, hunters and trappers are required to wear a cap and upper outer garment of solid and vivid blaze orange of at least 400 square inches while trapping or hunting pheasant, quail, Hungarian partridge, rabbit, snipe, rail, and woodcock.
- It is illegal to construct or use any tree stand or tree climbing equipment, using nails, screws or any device which pierces or cuts the bark of the tree on which it is installed or used. Tree stands that are used for hunting deer must be legibly marked with the ownerï¿½s name, address, and telephone number when left unattended. Tree stands may be left unattended from Sept. 15 ï¿½ Jan. 31. Only one tree stand per hunter.
- It is unlawful to drive deer, or participate in a deer drive, on all Department ï¿½ owned or managed properties during all deer seasons.
- It is unlawful to use or occupy a ground blind during any firearm deer season on public land unless at least 400 square inches of solid vivid blaze orange material is securely attached to the uppermost portion of the blind and a substantial amount of orange is visible for 360 degrees.
- Statewide trapping regulations apply with the exception that a permit is required and only Egg Traps. D-PC (dog proof) traps, box traps, cage traps, and traps of similar design may be used for land sets.
For further information, contact: Site Superintendent, Ferne Clyffe State Park, P.O. Box 10, Goreville, IL
62939; Phone (618) 995-2411