LOCATION: This site is located 5 miles southeast of DuQuoin; 1.5 miles east of DuQuoin on Route 14 - 2.5 miles south on crabapple road - 1 mile East on Jellybean Road.
Total Acres: 520
Huntable Acres: 520
Habitat Type Acres: Timber 495 - Old Field 15 - Water 5
AVAILABLE GAME SPECIES:
Deer Dove Waterfowl
Turkey Rabbit Furbearers
Squirrel Quail Woodcock
Campbell Pond comprises a combination of shrub - swamp community surrounded by a floodplain hardwood forest community bordered by cropland on all sides
SITE SPECIFIC REGULATIONS:
1. Hunters are advised that "windshield cards" are required to hunt all species which are available from the IDNR homepage - www.dnr.illinois.gov . Navigate to "hunting/trapping", then "public hunting areas", select Region 5 to print these permits. ALL hunters are required to have a state hunting permit. Hunters are required to return to this website prior to February 15 to record harvest information. Failure to submit harvest data will result in loss of hunting privileges for the following year.
2. All motorized vehicles must remain on roads or in access areas.
3. No permanent blinds or pits may be dug or constructed. All blinds must be portable or established with natural vegetation and must be removed or dismantled at the end of each dayï¿½s hunt. Cutting of live vegetation on the area is illegal.
4. It is illegal to construct or use any tree stand using nails, screws or any device which pierces or cuts the bark of the tree on which it is installed. Tree stands which are used for deer hunting must be portable and marked legibly with the ownerï¿½s name, address and telephone number when unattended. Tree stands may be left unattended from September 15 - January 31. Only one tree stand per hunter.
5. All upland game hunters engaged in quail and rabbit hunting must wear a cap and upper outer garment of solid and vivid blaze orange of at least 400 square inches.
6. Firearm deer hunters, muzzle-loader deer hunters and firearm turkey hunters (spring & fall) may use a Jackson County permit to hunt the area which is available from the permit office through the statewide lottery.
7. Dove hunting hours are sunrise - sunset, shot sizes are 71/2 lead or 6 steel - bismuth or smaller.
8. Youth Waterfowl season is held the weekend preceding the South Central Zone duck opener.
9. Statewide regulations apply, unless otherwise specified.
For further information, contact: Pyramid State Park - 1562 Pyramid Park Road, Pinckneyville, IL 62274 (618/357-2574).