Description: The Illinois Department of Natural Resources is responsible for the preservation and restoration of wildlife and their associated habitats. The Department also strives to provide hunting opportunities when the resource allows. The Bradford Habitat Area was purchased with revenues generated through the sale of the Illinois Habitat Stamp. This Bradford Habitat Area is composed of two separate units totaling 103 acres in Stark County. This area is managed to develop and restore the existing high quality natural areas and to provide hunting opportunity for Illinois sportsmen. Cover includes native grasses and domestic grass-legumes along with food patches. The Bradford facility is managed as a satellite of the Hennepin Canal Parkway.
Location: Take Illinois Route 93 west out of Bradford 3.6 miles to township road 1300 E. Go south 1/2 mile to find the north unit on the west side of the road. The bridge between the north and south units is out. To get to the south unit from the north unit return to Illinois Route 93. Head west for 1 mile then turn south onto Modena Road (1200 E). Travel 2.5 miles south on Modena Road (1200 E) and turn left (east) onto Faith Bible Camp Road. Travel 1.3 miles on Faith Bible Camp Road and turn left (north) on 1300 E Road. Travel 0.8 miles north on 1300 E Road and the parking lot for the north unit will be on the west side of the road. .
| BAG LIMIT
|Pheasant, Quail, Rabbit
HUNTING BY PERMIT ONLY! Special permits are allocated by the Department of Natural Resources in Springfield. Applicants must apply by August 31 to be eligible for the drawing. Application forms are available online at www.dnr.illinois.gov. Navigate to "hunting/trapping" and then "public hunting areas" to submit an application for the drawing. (If drawn, hunters will be require to return to the website to report their harvest no later than February 15th each year. Failure to submit the survey will result in loss of hunting privileges for the following year. The survey is required even if you do not hunt. ) Further information can be found in the Illinois Hunting Digest. One permit will be issued for each day of the hunt; each permit holder may be accompanied by 3 partners, allowing for a maximum of 4 hunters per day. Permit holder must be part of hunting party.
Special clothing requirements apply (see #3 below).
DATES: Hunting is permitted on the first and second day of the statewide upland game season and on each subsequent Wednesday and Saturday in November, and on each Thursday and Sunday in December through December 24th.
IT SHALL BE UNLAWFUL:
- For any person to consume alcoholic beverage, including beer and wine, while on the area for the purpose of hunting.
- To hunt in any area not designated as open to hunting.
- To park in any location except the designated parking area.
- To hunt within 100 yards of an inhabited dwelling.
- All regulations found in the Illinois Wildlife Code, Federal Regulations, and Administrative Orders will apply unless area regulations are more restrictive.
- All hunting must be done with shotgun or bow and arrow (flu-flu arrows only & no broadheads).
- Hunters must wear a cap and upper garment of solid blaze orange of at least 400 square inches.
- Each permit holder must complete and return a hunter harvest survey report to the Department of Natural Resources by February 15th. Failure to submit the report will result in the loss of hunting privileges on pheasant habitat areas next year.
For further information contact: Hennepin Canal Parkway; 16006 - 875 East Street; Sheffield, IL 61361; 815/454-2328.