IRAP 2015 Youth Turkey Applications are now available!
IRAP is leasing land from private landowners and making it available for youth turkey hunting throughout many counties in Illinois. Most assigned hunting areas are at least 40 acres in size and all have been evaluated for turkey activity and the high possibility of a good hunting experience for the youth. Eligible youth hunters must be under the age of 16 at the time of the hunt and have completed a hunter safety course. IRAP has leased sites for three different turkey hunting seasons in the spring; Youth, Regular 3rd and 4th.
March 28 - 29 (South Zone)
April 4 - 5 (North Zone)
April 17 – 22 (South Zone)
April 24 – 29 (North Zone)
April 23–29 (South Zone)
April 30– May 6 (North Zone)
Available sites are listed on the IRAP Site Map.
How It Works
1. IRAP will begin taking applications in November 2014 for the spring 2015 season.
2. Deadline for Spring Youth Turkey season is 45 days prior the hunt date. A lottery
will be held for this season if more hunters apply for county that there are sites available.
3. Deadline for seasons 3 and 4 is 30 days prior to the beginning of the hunt date.
Youth applicants for season 3 and 4 must apply for and obtain an IDNR turkey permit for
the county they are applying for an IRAP site. Applicants will then be placed on an IRAP
site on a first come, first serve basis.
4. The youth hunter, along with his/her parent or guardian, must complete and submit
a Youth Turkey Hunting Application and Liability Waiver for each season applying for.
5. If an adult other than the parent or guardian will be accompanying the youth hunter during
the hunt, a Parent Authorization form must also be submitted. Download the hard copy
form here and mail it with your IRAP application.
6. Applicants should only fill out one application for each season they want to hunt on IRAP
leased sites (up to three).
7. All youth hunters must have completed a hunter safety course prior to their hunt.
8. Successful youth hunters will be notified approximatly 21 days prior to the 1st day
of the season.
9. Youth hunters and their adult guide will not be given the property owner’s name and
contact information. The IRAP participants' names will not be disclosed to landowners .
IRAP access is provided through cooperation of private landowners
and the IL Dept. of Natural Resources.
Participating in this program is a special privilege.
Please be respectful, ethical and safe.
Leave site as you found it – take all garbage with you
Park vehicle in designated parking area.
For more information on turkey hunting in Illinois, please visit IDNR’s website or National Wild Turkey Federation website