Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Utility Links



  1. Illinois DNR
  2. Licenses, Permits and Registrations

Commercial License List

Attention: Businesses will need to call the DNR at 217-785-3423 or 217-782-2965 to set up a customer number prior to using our new DNR Direct feature. Once your customer id # is obtained, any of the Commercial License Types listed below can be purchased Online or by phone at 1-888-6-PERMIT (1-888-673-7648)

If you are a private citizen wishing to obtain a commercial permit in your OWN name, NO separate customer id # is required. Purchase your license Online.

License IDLicense/PermitFeeExpiration (Month/Day)
760Furbearing Animal Breeder License$25.50March 31
761Wild Game & Bird Breeder License (Class A)$10.50March 31
762Wild Game & Bird Breeder License (Class B)$20.50March 31
763Resident Mussel Dealer License$300.50January 31
764Non-Resident Mussel Dealer License$2,500.75January 31
765Resident Retail Aquatic Life Dealer License$10.50January 31
766Resident Wholesale Aquatic Life Dealer License$50.50January 31
767Resident Retail Minnow Dealer License$5.50January 31
768Resident Wholesale Minnow Dealer License$25.50January 31
769Non-Resident Aquatic Life Dealer License$100.75January 31
770Fur Tanner or Dyer License$25.50March 31
771Taxidermy License$25.50January 31
772Processed Wild Game Dealer License$25.50March 31
773Ginseng Grower License$25.50March 31
774Resident Ginseng Dealer License$50.50March 31
775Non-Resident Ginseng Dealer License$100.75March 31

If your permit is not listed above please download and print the Commercial License Application.


Commercial License Information

  • Fur Bearing Animal Breeder is required to possess, breed and/or sell the following species: Opossum, Raccoon, Mink, Red & Gray Fox, Beaver, Muskrat, Badger, River Otter and Weasels
  • Wild Game & Bird Breeder, Class A is required to possess various game mammals, game birds and migratory waterfowl. Class A is noncommercial and does not allow licensees to sell.
  • Wild Game & Bird Breeder, Class B covers the same as class A plus allows license holders to sell alive or dressed for food purposes.
  • Resident Mussel Dealer is issued to an Illinois resident who receives, buys or offers to buy or who acts as an agent or broker in the receipt or purchase of mussels.
  • Non Resident Mussel Dealer is issued to a Non Resident who purchases mussels in Illinois.
  • Resident Retail Fish Dealer is issued to anyone conducting a retail fish market or selling from a truck aquatic life that are protected species and indigenous to Illinois.
  • Resident Wholesale Fish Dealer is issued to anyone conducting a wholesale fish market or selling aquatic life wholesale that are protected species and indigenous to Illinois.
  • Resident Retail Minnow Dealer allows the retail sale of minnows and frogs for bait.
  • Resident Wholesale Minnow Dealer allows the wholesale sale of minnows and frogs.
  • Non Resident Fish Dealer allows a Non Resident of IL to sell or ship to other wholesalers, retailers or consumers in IL any protected aquatic life.
  • Fur Tanner or Dyer allows individuals who engage in the dressing, dyeing or tanning of green hides for other individuals
  • Taxidermy allows individuals to engage in the business of taxidermy for other individuals.
  • Processed Wild Game Dealer allows processors to buy, sell and/or process wild game for public consumption.
  • Ginseng Grower allows any person to engage in the propagation and harvesting of cultivated ginseng.
  • Resident Ginseng Dealer allows any person to buy wild or cultivated ginseng from harvesters, growers or other dealers for resale to exporters or to other dealers.
  • Non Resident Ginseng Dealer allows Non Residents to buy ginseng in Illinois.

QUESTIONS? You can contact our office at 217-782-2965 or 888-888-5802.