You are cordially invited to this year’s 4th Annual Youth Conservation Congress, Saturday November 23-24, 2013 at Illinois Beach State Park and Resort, 1 Lake Front Dr, Zion, IL. Participation is free and open to youth groups that have an interest in conservation programming. This event is geared towards high school students.
The conference will consist of two days. Day 1 will be the stewardship and recreation day. On day 2, participants are being asked to present their current conservation efforts, environmental stewardship activities, or natural resource projects/research either individually or in groups. This will put youth center stage, give the organization an opportunity to highlight their accomplishments, and spark interest amongst the organizations present. The YCC will allow organizations the opportunity to network and acquire knowledge/application of conservation programs.
We will provide hotel rooms, food, and recreational activities (archery, land stewardship, nature hike, etc.).
If your organization is interested this is what you need to do:
- Please complete our Registration form that includes organization, chaperones and participants.
- If you are doing a presentation, complete the last page of the Registration form.
- All participants will be asked to fill out an IDNR Volunteer Waiver form.
- All participants will be asked to fill out an IDNR Image/Audio Release form.
- Send the three forms as attachments by email.
Yours in Conservation,
Jeffrey R. Jones
Director of the Office of Community Outreach, IDNR